Use full screen for better viewing.
The Arthur A. Smith covered bridge (named after a resident Civil War Army captain) was the only surviving covered bridge in Colrain after the 1938 flood. This photo was probably taken in 1939. This bridge was originally built in in 1870, and moved to its present Lyonsville road location in 1886. The roof covering was added in the 1890s.